Thursday, April 21, 2011

Thank you Chris Hondros and Tim Hetherington



Like everyone else in the photojournalism and the photography world I was shocked yesterday to read about the deaths of talented young photojournalists Chris Hondros and Tim Hetherington. I didn’t know them personally of course but it touched me more than I expected and I felt sad. Mostly sad for their friends and families, but also for the loss of great war witnesses. Yesterday I followed the developments of the story on twitter and through the news, and I couldn’t get myself to twitt about anything else. I don’t know really why but I guess it was my way to pay tribute to their work. We know war photography is dangerous, they knew it too. We also know that we needed them, that we need the testimony of these incredible reporters who risk their lives to tell the truth.
This is my way to tank them for what they have accomplished, to thank all journalists who risk their lives everyday for what they believe, to help us understand the world we live in and hopefully to help us make it better.
In Memoriam | Tim Hetherington 1970-2011 Chris Hondros 1970-2011 : http://photojournalismlinks.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment